The pavers you choose for your driveway is a critical choice – it should add to the aesthetic of your home, complement the overall landscape, and withstand daily traffic.
While there are a lot of ways to have fun with it when it comes to colour, texture, and design – it’s important to select pavers that also stands the test of time.
So, before you start ripping up the ground – here are a few considerations to keep in mind.
A beautifully well thought out and designed driveway sets the tone for how you experience the home going forward and is a must-have if you want to increase the curb appeal of your home. Remember the age-old saying… “First impressions last”
Importance of Design
When designing a driveway way there are a few important factors to consider.
- The architectural style of the home – It is incredibly important that the design of the driveway ties in with the style of the home, this extends to the type of pavers as well as the colours selected.
- Product ranges – When it comes to product selection using a few product types will generally give a better flow to the project. It is for this reason that we have created matching cobble and flagstone ranges, allowing planter wall tops, entrance stepping stones to match in texture and colour with the driveway paving.
- Flagstones or Cobbles – The choice between using flagstone or cobble paver is a difficult one and at the end of the day comes down to personal preference. One thing to bear in mind is that the installation process does differ and so does the cost. Due to the lower installation cost, we find that cobble paving is the more popular option.
- Use of the space – There are numerous things to consider when designing a driveway, such as – accessibility, amount of paving actually required, additional guest parking, and landscaping.
- Future-proofing – We recommend that all new and existing irrigation piping and any form of electrical wiring to be installed in sleeves. This makes it easier to repair or upgrade in the future without having to uplift the paving.
Protecting your investment
We encourage all our clients to have their paving professionally cleaned and sealed. Sealing will increase the life span of the product, protect against staining and makes cleaning that much easier