Transform your home into a place that sparks joy
When it comes to transforming your home into a place that sparks joy, we often look to current trends in design from around the world for inspiration.
We spend a substantial amount of time choosing the right indoor flooring for our homes, ensuring our vision is captured effectively. So, it makes sense to give outdoor paving ideas the same amount of attention. But, with so many styles, colour options and shapes to choose from, it can be tricky and overwhelming to know where to start.
There are several things to consider when embarking on your outdoor paving journey.
Firstly, you need to ensure the outdoor paving or flooring options you choose are suitable and durable for all types of weather. Secondly, you need to think about the style, sizes, and colour of the pavers; this will allow you to start narrowing down your selection. Lastly, it is important to make sure that your outdoor flooring selections complement your architectural / design style, and you may also want to choose a style that ties in with your interior to create a cohesive look and feel from the inside out, which is essential for that indoor-outdoor flow!
The Creative Stone team know that coming up with designs can be overwhelming, so, not only do we offer value-added services to help you design your desired space, but we also take initiative and put together ideas that will inspire you to create beautiful spaces in your home before getting started.
Here are a few tips:
- Deciding on the look and feel you are wanting would be the first place to start in the paver sourcing process. This will give you a much clearer, more focused approach when searching for your perfect paver to complete your dream space.
- Make an impact with larger format pavers – love an ultra-contemporary finish? Extra-large pavers make a statement in any garden or outdoor patio space. Their sleek appearance makes them the perfect accompaniment to pared-back seating and minimalist planting. Our Flamed Granite Flagstone Range is ideal for this look as it has a beautifully flamed surface texture with sharply finished edges. To add the finishing touch, pair your flagstone pavers with our wide range of matching bullnoses for a more squared finish.
- Use different tones – When choosing your paving, it is important to be aware of the different colours and tones available. If you prefer a more country feel, rather opt for a style with warmer undertones of yellows and oranges, or, for a more modern look aim to incorporate cooler colours with grey and blue undertones. Often colour can have a larger effect on the overall aesthetic than the style of a paver.
- Mix Materials – No rule says you should stick to one type of paver, so why not incorporate different paving ideas for a truly individual look.
- Intersperse paving with lush greenery – Adding plants to your hardscaping design is a great way to ensure a more naturalistic look whilst adding a layer of colour and texture to your spaces. This can be done by ensuring larger pockets of planting are incorporated into your paved area’s initial design, or, by spacing the pavers to create more of a ‘stepping stock’ effect, with plants nestled between the gaps.
We hope these ideas have sparked your creativity and have gotten your creative juices flowing, but if you’re still feeling stuck, contact us and chat with one of our professionals to assist with your design. With the best pavers to choose from, we’ll ensure you get the beautiful space you have been dreaming of.